Replacement Hung Windows: A Comprehensive Video Guide to Functions and Operations
1. Get a FREE QUOTE and we will bring SAMPLES to your home.
2. We will call you back during WORKING DAY
3. We guarantee Direct Price and Warranty from Manufacturer
Hung windows are one of the best design choices for combining functionality and aesthetics that differ from generic replacement windows, so investing in top-quality models is a decision that can impact your house value long-term.
However, even the best windows won’t show their full potential if operated and maintained incorrectly. That’s why it’s crucial to understand all the functionality of your windows.
The Ecoline team has prepared a video showcasing the best practices for operating replacement hung windows. And as you delve deeper into this article, we’ll provide expert maintenance tips to ensure your windows’ maximum lifespan, terrific look and optimal energy efficiency.
How to Properly Operate Replacement Hung Windows?
Hung windows incorporate the design of a slider window into a unit that operates vertically. The operable sash has a cam-lock on the top. To operate the window:
- Simply unlock the latch and slide the sash upward. You should be able to move the sash with ease.
- When opening and closing the windows, hold the pull rail with both hands to avoid deformation.
- When closing the window, make sure that the sash is flush against the jamb to avoid damaging the locking mechanism.
For easy cleaning and maintenance, hung windows come with a tilt-in feature. Simply push the latches toward each other and pull the sash inward to clean it. When tilting it back in, listen for an audible click to make sure the sash is fully in place.
Get a Free Consultation
Advanced Maintenance Tips for Hung Windows
Despite the model (top-hung or bottom-hung windows), all single or double-hung tilt windows require meticulous care to preserve their original look smooth functionality, and ensure optimal energy efficiency. Here are the top advanced tips on how to maintain your replacement hung windows:
- Regular Cleaning: Dust and debris can accumulate on sashes and tracks. Use a soft brush or vacuum with a brush attachment to clean these areas regularly (at least once every several months). For windows that open inward for cleaning, like tilting windows, ensure they are tilted safely and securely to avoid any damage.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: The moving parts of a hung window, especially the tracks and latches, should be lubricated annually. This ensures smooth window operation and reduces wear and tear.
- Exercise Caution: Always handle your windows with care. When tilting, especially for cleaning, never let the sash hang in the tilted position, as it can warp or damage your windows.
Ecoline Hung Windows – What’s in For You?
When choosing new windows for your home, Ecoline’s hung windows are the perfect choice for multiple reasons. Here’s why they are a top priority among Canadian homeowners:
- High Energy Efficiency: All our hung windows are manufactured using cutting-edge technology to meet and exceed current Energy Star standards. For homeowners, it means reduced energy bills and a comfortable indoor environment, regardless of the season.
- Easy Maintenance: Maintaining your new hung windows has never been this easy. Their design ensures you spend less time on upkeep and more time enjoying the view.
- Unbeatable Warranty: We stand by the quality of our products. That’s why we offer a 25-year warranty on both the product and labour. No excuses and no fine print.
- Government Incentives: Our windows aren’t just top-notch in quality; they also qualify for all government incentive programs in Canada. This means you can apply for maximum rebates when buying and installing hung windows, making them a cost-effective choice.
- Stunning Aesthetics: Beyond functionality, new windows come with a fantastic look that can elevate the aesthetic appeal of any home and architectural style.
- Smooth Operation: Thanks to their meticulous design and craftsmanship, operating hung models is effortless. Whether you’re tilting them for cleaning or simply enjoying the breeze, the experience is seamless.
- Enhanced Home Value: Installing new Ecoline windows is an investment that pays off. Not only do they offer immediate benefits, but they also add significant value to your home’s market value, making them a wise choice for homeowners looking for long-term gains.
Get a Free Consultation
What’s the difference between a single-hung window and a double-hung window operation?
A single-hung window has one operational window sash, usually the bottom one, while a double-hung window allows both sashes to move.
Do all double-hung windows tilt in for cleaning?
All Ecoline double-hung windows have a tilt-in feature for easier cleaning, so you can expect easy maintenance and smooth operation.
How to clean single-hung windows that don’t tilt?
For single-hung windows that don’t tilt, it’s recommended to clean the exterior from the outside or use specialized cleaning tools.
How to Operate double-hung windows?
Double-hung windows have two operational sashes, both the top and bottom. To operate it, find the latch in the center where the sashes meet and slide or flip it to open. For the bottom sash, gently push upwards to open and pull down to close. For the top sash, gently pull downwards to open and push up to close. Ensure both sashes are securely in place after adjusting.